Disc Jam is a smaller-scale music festival on the border of New York state and western Massachusetts. The festival features a wide variety of style of music, focusing mainly on Jam, Funk, and Electronica Bands and non-mainstream (often psychedelic bass oriented) DJs. The festival has a lot to offer, so here's 10 reasons you should attend Disc Jam 2016.
1) Let's start with the most obvious feature, the lineup. It's AMAZING and DIVERSE! This lineup has something for everyone with bands like Electron (a super-group with members from Lotus and The Disco Biscuits), Dopapod, Lespecial, Kung Fu, and Pink Talking Fish (a Pink Floyd, Talking Heads and Phish cover band). Don't forget about the sick electronic producers like Govinda, Vibe Street, and Space Jesus.
2) What sets Disc Jam apart from other festivals is that it's a Disc Golfer's Haven! You can play disc golf for free all weekend with their extensive course or pay to enter a tournament with awesome prizes such as cash, music and merchandise.
3) SILENT DISCO? Yes please.
4) Live Painting, Visionary Art Gallery, and Flow Performers all Weekend. Disc Jam even has its own Art Collective and Flow Tribe.
5) The Festival is set in the beautiful rolling hills and forests of Upstate New York.
6) Lights, Sound, & Production are ON POINT. In their own words, Disc Jam will be "an explosion of art and music".
7) The festival ground is located right next to an ice cream shop, restaurant, convenient store, mini golf course, and gas station. In case you forget anything, almost everything you would need is just a short walk away.
8) The vibes are... Oh So Good.
9) 4 Days of Music, 70+ Musical Performances, 2 Disc Golf Tournaments, 4 Stages, Car Side Grass or Woods Camping, Food and Craft Vending, Kids Activities, Late Night Acoustic Sets, Community Bonfires, Art Installations, Yoga Sessions, and Workshops. What more could you ask for?!
10) The last reason to go? Because pineapples.
Written by Colin Eldridge